Kate Green MP is recruiting a part-time communications officer to work in her constituency office. You’ll be responsible for media and other communications and activities to keep Kate’s constituents informed about the work she’s doing on their behalf, and so she can engage with their concerns and views.
Job Title: Communications Officer
Location: Constituency office, Stretford
Salary: £10,240 per annum (£24,000 pro rata) (part-time 16 hours per week). Flexible working arrangements available
· Establish, monitor and update a social media and online presence in the constituency
· Produce online graphics and video content, as well as publicising surgeries and news alerts etc.
· Follow up on social media queries and comments
· Manage and monitor social media enquiries, dealing with cases that do not need to be transferred to a higher level. Ensure all enquiries are dealt with in a timely manner
· Monitor media coverage, liaise with media, prepare press releases as required (on constituency, non-party political matters)
· Preparing media briefings
· Pro-active and re-active communications with all media
· Produce press releases, liaise with the media, meeting deadlines as appropriate
· Publicise the Member’s parliamentary duties on FB and Twitter
· Retain records and information confidentially and in line with the Data Protection Act
· There may be a requirement for the role holder to work outside of the normal working hours and travel for work occasionally
· Manage communications projects and engagement activities with constituents
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Proactive and self-confident
· Awareness and understanding of and interest in current political issues
· Ability to work under pressure, prioritise work and meet deadlines
· Ability to deal sensitively with confidential information
· Competent use of IT including Microsoft Office package, email and internet
· Sympathy with the aims and values of the Labour Party
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 30 August 2020
Interview Date: 4 September 2020
Please send your CV and a one-page covering letter by 10am on 30 August 2020 explaining how your experience relates to the above job description to: email@example.com
To help us monitor our effectiveness in attracting a diverse range of applicants, you’re invited to complete Kate’s diversity monitoring form here:
This information will be held separately from your application and will form no part of the selection process.